If you’re considering building a pool in Jacksonville, Florida, you’re in for a treat. With its warm climate and proximity to water bodies, Jacksonville is an ideal location for pool enthusiasts. However, the cost of building a pool can vary widely based on numerous factors. Are you curious how much it costs to build a pool? In this article, we’ll delve into the key considerations that affect the cost of building a pool in Jacksonville, FL. We here at Coastal Luxury Outdoors have built over 1,000 in our 40+ year history and can help guide you every step of the way.
Factors Affecting Pool Construction Costs:
- Pool Type: The type of pool you choose plays a major role in determining the cost. In-ground pools tend to be more expensive than above-ground options due to the excavation and construction involved.
- Pool Size and Shape: Larger pools generally cost more due to increased material and labor requirements. Additionally, complex shapes and features like waterfalls or built-in spas can also add to the cost.
- Materials: The choice of materials for the pool shell, decking, and interior finish impacts costs. Concrete and gunite tend to be more expensive but offer customization options. Fiberglass pools are often more affordable but have limited design flexibility.
- Features and Accessories: Additional features like lighting, water features, slides, and diving boards can substantially increase costs. These features not only require initial investment but can also impact ongoing maintenance expenses.
- Permits and Regulations: Building codes, permits, and regulations can vary by location. Ensuring your pool adheres to local requirements may involve additional costs.
- Site Preparation: The condition of your property can influence costs. If the site requires extensive excavation, land leveling, or retaining walls, expenses may rise.
- Landscaping: The surrounding landscape and hardscape can impact costs. Landscaping around the pool area adds aesthetic value but comes with its own price tag.
- Accessibility: Easy access to the construction site and proximity to utilities can affect costs. If your property poses challenges in this regard, expenses might increase.
- Labor Costs: Labor is a significant portion of the overall expense. Skilled professionals, including architects, designers, excavators, and builders, contribute to the final cost.
Average Cost Ranges
While it’s challenging to provide an exact figure due to the variety of factors involved, below we describe average cost ranges and time frames to give you an idea.
Basic In-Ground Pool: A basic new swimming pool in Jacksonville can start around $85,000 and take approximately 12 weeks to build. This typically includes:
- 15’ x 30’ Pool up to 6’ Deep
- Sun Shelf (Tanning Ledge) up to 10’
- Porcelain 6” x 6” Waterline Tile
- Pebble Interior Finish Plaster
- Energy Efficient Variable Speed Pump
- Cartridge Filter for Simple Routine Maintenance
- Salt Chlorine Generator (Salt Cell) for Easy Sanitization
- 2 Multi Color LED Lights
- Skimmer for Surface Debris Removal
- 3 Wall Returns for Proper Water Circulation
- 2Designated Pressure Cleaner Plumbing Line (for Polaris style cleaner)
- Concrete Pool Shell
- Smart Phone App Controls for Pump and Lights
- 700 Sq. Ft. Paver Deck
Swimming Pool and Spa: A new pool and spa in Jacksonville can start around $110,000 and take approximately 12 weeks to build. This typically includes:
- All of the above pool items and the below spa related items:
- 7’ x 7’ Spa (Deck Level or Raised Above Pool)
- 6 Therapy Jets Standard
- Air Blower for High Pressure Spa Jets
- Gas Heater – Natural or Propane
- Multi Color LED Light
- Complete Automation System with App Controls and Electric Valves
- Tiled or Granite Spillway From Spa to Pool
It’s important to note that these figures are ballpark estimates and can vary significantly based on the aforementioned factors.
Additional Costs to Consider
Beyond the initial construction costs, there are ongoing expenses associated with pool ownership:
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance for water chemistry, cleaning, and repairs can add up over time. We also offer pool maintenance and repair services.
- Utilities: Pools require heating, filtration, and lighting, which contribute to increased utility bills.
- Insurance: Pool ownership may impact your homeowners’ insurance rates due to increased liability and property value.
Building a brand new pool can be overwhelming. With proper planning and realistic expectations, you can create the perfect oasis in the Sunshine State. For a step-by-step guide to the pool construction process see here.
backyard backyard enhancements balance build a pool cartridge chemicals chemistry clean cleaning driveway equipment filter filters home survey new pool new swimming pool paver pool builder pool cover pool deck pool main pool maintenance pool paver pool pH pool planning pool remodel refresh safety salt saltwater skim stains